Monday, July 10, 2006

Sleepy Day

I looked out the window this Monday morning, after a late night watching the World Cup finals which ended at 2 AM, and the traffic had magnified from yesterday. Went downstairs for a scrumptious breakfast (don't ask me what I ate, because I don't know) and then went to the Hotel computer room and wrote yesterday's blog before returning to my room for a light nap. We had planned to take a cab tour for a few hours, but when I woke up, it was 7 hours later and night was falling. Not wise to tour at nightime, so we did the next best thing - we ate again. Now I can say for sure I'm rested before check-in at Apollo Hospital tomorrow morning. Here is a picture of me after my 7 hour catnap, and of Saku at the Hotel dinner buffet. One side note: for whatever reason, we both came away from this dinner highly impressed with the social organization and efficiency of the staff. They certainly appeared to be enjoying themselves while working, engaging in smooth conversation with patrons, with each other when they had a minute or two, and keeping an attentive eye on whatever was needed by a patron or along the buffet table. When the chefs had a spare moment, they would come outside the cooking area and politely socialize with the patrons. Everything just seemed to work more smoothly than other buffets I've been to; it was a happy environment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home