Thursday, June 22, 2006

Before Hip surgery

This photo was taken on October 12, 2003, during the 23rd mile of the Steamtown Marathon in Scranton, Pennsylvania. This date has family significance in that not only was it my son's 12th birthday, but also David scored the winning goal for his soccer team at the same time that I was running in this Marathon. I reached my goal of qualifying for the Boston Marathon with a time of 3:28:21. It looks like I was grimacing in this picture...I always struggled running uphill ...little did I know that a large part of the problem was my hip! When I ran the NYC a year after this one, my legs played all kinds of games on me during the last 10 miles. I rested a few weeks, then started running again and woke up one day in February after a day of helping move furniture, and couldn't run at all - and haven't been able to since....but don't feel sorry for me - I'm seeing one of the best hip surgeons in the world!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home