Saturday, July 08, 2006

Stopover at Heathrow Airport


Well, it didn't start out smoothly, as I found myself trying to play the caretaker role, which was not what I was best equipped for. Saku was feeling quite ill at the time of departure, and made one last trip to the Ladies room just when boarding commenced. We made it on board in the nick of time, and Saku quickly used up her allotment of barf bags. To avoid dehydration I used my stopwatch and she sipped a half a fluid ounce of seltzer water or ginger ale every two minutes. She fell asleep (or passed out) after about an hour, and up until arrival at London. Fortunately, Saku was much better then. I was relieved I didn't have to carry her heavy bag with my hip between flights! Here is a picture at the departure gate to Chennai. I noticed that about 90% of passengers were Indian, but we weren't sure at the time whether they were visiting London from India, or vice versa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home