Friday, May 19, 2006

Why Hip Resurfacing....and not THR??

Top 3 reasons (in a nutshell)

1. Hip resurfacing allows for more range of motion and potentially enables more physically demanding exercise than a total hip replacement (THR).

2. The body of research results from the most recent wave of hip resurfacing (last 5-8 years) show equal or better success rates compared to the THR, and there are sound theoretical reasons to believe that the current generation of hip surface replacements (HSR's) will outlast THR's before requiring revision.

3. If by some chance my surface hip replacement does fail, either now or 20 years from now, I can then revert to a fresh new THR, something I could not do in the reverse direction, as the femur head gets amputated with a THR, so there would be nothing to resurface.

1 Comments:

At 5:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home