Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Hospital - Pre-Op

The Apollo Hospital has everything well-organized, from hotel pick-up to medical tests to food. Dr. Bose's coordinator, Mohan, handled all the details, and I met with the dietician, the assisting cardiologist, the cardiologist, the anaesthesiologist, my surgeon's assisting doctor, and my surgeon, Dr. Vijay Bose. I was asked every question under the sun to get my full medical history. I was x-rayed, echo cardiogrammed, weighed, measured, had blood and urine samples, etc. I had some trouble understanding a few questions due to my partial hearing loss and the local accent, so Saku very ably assisted. Dr. Bose was light-hearted and informative -- it was a special treat to meet with him in his office, and chat awhile even though it was 7:30 P.M. I will be woken at 6:30 tomorrow morning and taken to surgery - I believe I'm the only one on Dr. Bose's list. I really like the hospital suite they placed me in for the next 5-6 days. Here are some pictures of it, including the computer I'm typing from. (Mohan said that new suites are being constructed and should be completed in 2 months.) See you on the other side!



1 Comments:

At 5:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home