Monday, July 17, 2006

Day 5 After















Even though this was early in the morning (great nurses C. Jayalakshmi and D. Suniram feeding me pills), my day started quite earlier. Fell asleep on the late side, and at 5:15 am I saw a young adult male standing over me muttering something. I have formed the bad habit of shaking my head up and down and saying "yes" or "ok" when I'm not quite sure of the question, as I'm usually asked if everything is alright or whether it's ok for the worker to do something in the room. After my nod, the fellow turned around and started preparing something and I was wondering why he didn't leave. Saku then notified me that I had just consented to a sponge bath in bed. That stirred me conscious, as it was the last thing I wanted at this time or actually any more times as they're not as luxurious as they may sound... and anyway I received a waterproof bandage yesterday and took a shower before sleeping. I clarified I did not want one and tried to fall back asleep. As I'm writing this, a woman just happens to be in my room who actually did give me a sponge bath a few days ago. I showed her the picture of her colleagues and I think she would like her picture posted too, so Saku just took it 5 minutes ago. This very kind woman's name is Sheela Darathy. Tomorrow morning I get discharged. All going well.

1 Comments:

At 5:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home