Sunday, July 16, 2006

Day 4 After

No - it's not a daredevil stunt - in fact, I lasted only a few seconds in this position. On Day 4 "on the other side" no more second thoughts, or occasional wishes that Jack Kevorkian would quickly relieve me from my pain and inability to move. I did receive a good 3 1/2 days worth course on Preparing for Nursing Home life, but today my visions revolve more around rejoining the Delco Road Running Club... when they run on soft surfaces. I know I have many stages to complete before accomplishing that feat, but after a fun chat with Dr. Bose today (he even makes rounds on Sundays) when we talked about athletes who have come under his knife, and whether or not Floyd Landis may be on the horizon (an inquiry has been established), I felt really psyched...only to be reduced to submortal status when I struggled to take babysteps while placing my body weight on the affected hip guided by the walker. Saku has met the wives of two other Surface Hippies (one from Arizona and another from Saskatchewan - a tae kwon do instructor who I believe is way ahead of me with physical therapy). Saku went to the shopping mall with the Canadian wife yesterday and we plan to go out with the Arizona couple toward the end of our stay at Ideal Resort which begins on Tuesday - we decided to only spend two days at Fisherman's Cove and Mohan, Dr. Bose's Coordinator, easily made this change. Hope I didn't bore you too much during my week vacation at Apollo Hospital! P.S. Good luck Julie on your Louisiana Mission Trip!! Welcome back David!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home