Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Typing for Gary..

I am dictating for dad who is awake now:

I'll tell you about my little details about my health for the day. Everything went very well, but I was concerned last night for the second night in a row. I felt bloated but last night only I also felt a little clammy. I finally got to sleep at about 4:30 and when a nurse came in at 7:30, I felt totally better, just dry mouth. Then I slept till 9ish. After I got rolled downstairs for the surgery, I was put to sleep in no time and when I woke up I really wasn't sure whether I had my surgery done yet or not. When a nurse started squeezing water in my mouth, I then knew it already happened. But there was absolutely no difference in the feeling of either leg. I've only peed once today, whereas last time I probably went close to 10 times, so I think something else was going on last time. Now I'm feeling very comfy, ate salad and fruit for dinner with no problem but it is QUITE sore when I move my leg in any direction, but not as sore as last time.

Julie has been having a good time so far and it's helped that we met other patients, including a woman next door who is having surgery tomorrow. The set up at platinum ward is pretty neat, especially since there is no commotion in the hallway. Nonetheless, I predict Julie will be getting itchy a day or two before we leave the hospital. It is great having her here.

6 Comments:

At 1:12 PM, Blogger Ideklein said...

so glad the surgery is over.Julie is a GEM.Saku too for keeping us informed as we had trouble with the blog.now I hope the comment goes thru.sightseeing sounded interesting and exhausting.now you will rest Julie too.more later. luv Mom

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Ideklein said...

Saku said the comments would say ideklein in case you wondered!

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Saku said...

Julie is definitely a gem, absolutely no question. Its a major relief now that the surgery is over. Glad you're comfortable and feeling good overall Gary. So thankful that there were no complications!
much love

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Saku said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Gary. It's Tuesday dinner time here and I just got home from work. We're so glad you have a wonderful daughter to help you. She's the best there is. I hope you're paying her a high wage. Saku has been great helping us with our blogging stupidity and keeping us informed. Soon you will go to the resort and I hope that will be pleasant for you both. Love, Poppy

 
At 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you are soing well. We are dong well here. CRKlein is in Duke getting next treatment. We send our best for continued speedy recovery.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home