Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Mission Accomplished

Dad's surgery was successful! I do not know the details, but he is laying on his bed behind me sleeping now. It took a while longer than I expected, and then Mohan took me down to the operating room to see him. He was conscious and knew who we were and all but his voice was half-gone. He asked for drops of water, got them, and then I was taken back upstairs. I spent time online today and just started reading a book. He recently was brought back up to the room- he must have slept through the elevator ride and all - and then he woke up here. After the nurses left he said he felt fine but very tired and weak. He seemed happy with that though. He falls asleep instantly after the nurses awake him for things, so the drugs must still be working. Every time he wakes up - even when we went down the first time - he jokes (even though his voice is half gone), haha... and then pretty soon after laughing..he starts snoring, and I know he's sleeping again. I am not sure about his blood pressure and all of that - they gave him extra meds. But as far as the actual hip resurfacing surgery itself goes, it was a success. :D

1 Comments:

At 6:58 AM, Blogger Saku said...

Yeahhh! What a relief. I'm glad he's sleeping though, probably what his body needs regardless of the drugs. The longer he sleeps the less painful it will be when he wakes up. They don't give you as much pain killers in India, which is not a bad thing in terms of recovery and overall health, but does mean a little more discomfort. Glad he's joking away. Good ol' Gary! Hope you're good Jules, i know how harrowing this is. Bless you and hang in there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home